firstname.lastname@example.orgGrowth, Development and Metabolism Programme
Director, Non-Human Primate Center
In adult animals we have studies on neural modulation of appetite with novel peptides, insulin resistance, immunological characterization, germ-line retrieval, epigenetic imprinting, and medical device development.
The scope of NHP-based research in Singapore is continuing to expand. The center seeks to develop an integrated NHP platform between institutes and industry partners to support these needs.
- Environmental Factors Influencing Growth and Development of Nonhuman Primates In utero
- Development of Early Obesity and Insulin Resistance in Nonhuman Primates
- Biomarkers of Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Modulation of Postnatal Development and Metabolic Function in Nonhuman Primates
- Impact of Muscle-tropic Factors on Insulin Resistance in Nonhuman Primates
- In vivo Ultrasound Energy Harvesting System for Implanted Medical Devices
- Intraventricular Neural Drug Delivery Systems in Nonhuman Primates
- Cortical-controlled Motor Prosthesis in Nonhuman Primates
- Germline Imprints in Nonhuman Primate Oocytes and Spermatozoa
Chakraborty RD, Lee YK, Strogantsev R, Jin S, Ng DPY, Lin XM, Chng K, Yeo GSH, Ferguson-Smith A, Ding C. Novel Pipeline for Genome-wide Discovery of Human Placenta-specific Imprinted Genes Submitted to Human Molecular Genetics Mar 2012 (HMG-2012-D-00281).
Clarke IJ, Smith JT, Henry BA, Oldfield BJ, Stefanidis A, Millar RP, Sari IP, Chng K, Fabre-Nys C, Caraty A, Ang BT, Chan L, Fraley GS. Gonadotropin inhibitory hormone (GnIH) provides a molecular switch between reproduction and feeding. Neuroendocrinology, Jan 25, 2012.
Starling EBD, Chng K, Masuda S, Sloboda DM, Vickers MH, Kambadur Rand, Gluckman PD. Gene expression profiling in the Cynomolgus macaque Macaca fascicularis shows variation within the normal birth range. BMC Genomics, 2011, 12: 509.
Chng K, Chan L, Chong YS, Choo R, Meaney MJ, Holbrook JD, Gluckman PD. Correlation of Birth Weight and Maternal Weight Gain during Pregnancy in a Nonhuman Primate Model of Intrauterine Growth Restriction. J. Dev. Origins of Health and Disease Vol. 2, Suppl. 1, Sep 2011.
Larsen SR, Chng K, Battah F, Martiniello-Wils R, Rasko J. Improved G-CSF Mobilization of Hemopoietic Progenitors Using Cytokine Combinations in Primates. Stem Cells. Published online Aug 21, 2008; doi: 10.1634/stemcells.2008-0560.
Chng K, Larsen SR, Zhou Z, Wright JF, Martiniello-Wilks R. Rasko J. Specific adeno-associated virus serotypes facilitate efficient gene transfer into human and nonhuman primate mesenchymal stromal cells. J Gene Med 2007 Jan 9: 22-32.
Dr Louiza Chan
Qiu Rong Ang
Dr Grace Rou’En Lim