Established in 2007, the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) is a research institute within the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), and its mission is to develop disease-oriented clinical and translational research programmes in key disease areas.
SICS is distinguished by its focus on clinical sciences and the use of innovative approaches and technologies that enable the efficient and effective study of human health and diseases. The clinical scientists in SICS conduct the full spectrum of “bench to bedside” research activities in metabolic diseases (including diabetes, obesity and insulin resistance), pathways to normal growth and development (including cognitive and behavioural development), nutritional sciences as well as in certain viral infectious diseases such as chronic viral diseases.
The institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programs with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
For more information on SICS, please visit: www.sics.a-star.edu.sg
The computational biology group at the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) invites applications for a research scientist position in the area of biostatistics. The successful candidate will join an established research team focusing on understanding molecular and biomedical data from observational and interventional clinical studies.
Research Scientist Biostatistics
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/JH/RSBiostat/05032013)
- Independent research focusing on data mining and analysis within translational clinical datasets.
- Coordination of data analysis efforts across multi-disciplinary domains.
- Use and development of probabilistic models and statistical methods, to answer current research questions.
- Analysis of clinical and molecular data and preparation of scientific publications and commercial reports.
- Supervision of research staff.
- Ph.D. degree in Biostatistics or similar
- Track record of productive research in the life sciences, evidenced by peer-reviewed publication record.
- Aptitude for and experience of collaborative research.
- Very strong analytical skills and applied biostatistics experience.
- Expertise in common biostatistical tools such as SAS, Matlab and R
- Experience of large-scale molecular data, clinical or industrial research
- Ability to work in an environment with tight timelines and multiple priorities
- Experience in managing of research staffs.
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV and cover letter with names/contact details of two referees to
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.