Research Fellow (SCNRC)
(Job reference No: SICS/SCNRC/JH/RF/17022012)
The Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) is an institute within the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Its mission is to develop disease-oriented clinical and translational research programs in focused disease areas. SICS aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and serves as a critical bridge linking basic research undertaken by A*STAR Research Institutes and clinical research programmes in Singapore’s public hospitals, disease centres and the universities. SICS has two main research programmes namely, the Infection and Immunity Programme and the Growth, Development and Metabolism Programme.
• To initiate studies on energy regulation
• To develop studies to examine the role of amino acids in insulin secretion
• To assist in clinical nutrition studies
• A PhD in physiology, biochemistry or nutrition
• Possess at least 1 year post-doc experience
• Experienced in working with humans and evidence of publications
• Biochemistry (protein purification, functional analysis etc.)
• Ability to work with a group of scientists with diverse range of disciplines
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to e-mail a full CV, list of publications, and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to .
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.